Optifarm at a glance
Easy Bio Philippines Inc., to fulfill its commitment to lead and serve the Philippine livestock industry established in 2008, Optifarm Solutions Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory. Equipped with the state of the art equipments as well as the application of advanced methods and techniques for animal disease diagnostics, Optifarm Solutions Laboratory aims to help in the advancement of the livestock industry by providing the fastest, most accurate and reliable analytical and diagnostic services for the control of animal diseases.
Optifarm Solutions Laboratory is supported by the state of the art, animal disease diagnostic facility for disease control in Korea, Optipharm Inc. Optipharm Inc. is a certified Pathology Diagnostic Institute in Korea. Through its outstanding research and development capabilities as well as it advanced animal disease diagnostic capabilities, Optifarm Inc. is the leader in the field of animal disease diagnosis and control in Korea.
LABORATORY SERVICES AND CAPABILITIES
Our laboratory capabilities include serological testing using ELISA Test, microbiological test including bacterial isolation and antibiotic sensitivity test and antigen detection through Polymerase Chain Reaction test (Conventional and Real Time PCR) both for swine and poultry diseases.
Optifarm’s PCR test is the first of its kind in the Philippines wherein we are the only lab capable of diagnosing various diseases such as PRRS, PED, TGE, PCV-2, Swine Influenza and Hog Cholera using PCR test. Also, as an advanced capability, Optifarm Solutions Laboratory is the only laboratory capable of differentiating the strain of PRRS between North American and European strain and through the advanced capabilities of our Korean affiliates; we are also capable of gene sequencing for PRRS.
Optifarm Solutions Laboratory, is a fully accredited animal disease diagnostic laboratory of the Bureau of Animal Industry (with the Philippine Animal Health Center as the accrediting body)
With accreditation no. PAHC No. 06-2015 the laboratory is accredited to conduct the following tests:
- SEROLOGY—ELISA for swine and poultry
- BACTERIOLOGY—Bacterial Isolation and Antibiotic Sensitivity Tests
- Nucleic Acid Detection via Polymerase Chain Reaction Test for:
- Swine Diseases
- Poultry Diseases
- PRRS Strain Differentiation
- Multiplex PCR
- Real Time Quantitative PCR for Swine Diseases
The BAI accreditation is valid for 3 years and renewable thereafter, pursuant to the Department of Agriculture Administrative Order (DA-AO) No. 27 Series of 2004 on Accreditation of Government and Non-Government Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories.
Optifarm Solutions Laboratory is the only commercial animal disease diagnostic laboratory in the Philippines to achieve such accreditation for all the tests listed above. As such, we consider this as one of our biggest accomplishment since we started in 2008. This is in line with our mission of continuous innovation to provide world class diagnostic services towards a globally competitive Philippine livestock industry.
NUCLEIC ACID DETECTION THROUGH POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION TESTS (PCR TEST)
- Poultry Diseases: Nucleic Acid Detection (New Castle Disease (NCD), Infectious Bronchitis(IB), Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD), Marek’s Disease(MD), Avian Adenovirus (Inclusion Body Hepatitis)
- Swine and Poultry: Bacterial isolation, antibiotic sensitivity test, water analysis
SEROLOGICAL TEST (ELISA)
- ELISA tests for poultry: New Castle Disease (NCD), Infectious Bronchitis (IB), Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD), Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG), Mycoplasma synoviae (MS), Chicken Anemia Virus (CAV), Infectious Laryngotracheitis (ILT)
- Proximate analysis, feed microbiology, mycotoxin quantification